How to connect storage accounts to Outlook
If you use emails regularly, you probably have added attachments, such as photos or documents to your emails. And most likely those are files you stored on your computer or your flash drive. With Outlook, you have another option. If you store files on an online storage service such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or even Facebook, you can attach those files to your email messages on Outlook. We will take you through a few steps to do so.
How to add your storage accounts to Outlook
- Log into your Outlook account.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner and select Options.
- On the left pane, click Storage accounts in the Attachment options section.
- Choose the storage service you're using to store your files.
- A window will pop up asking you to log in to that site. Enter your email address, password and click Sign in to log into your account. If you've already logged in, Outlook will ask for permission to access your files.
- Click Allow.
Your storage account is now connected to Outlook. You can attach files from there to your email messages or calendar events.