How to Change Apple ID Password
There are several reasons that make you want to change your Apple ID password. Maybe you can't remember your password and you want to recover it, or you want to update and make it stronger, or it's because of security reasons. Changing an Apple ID password is a simple task and you can do that on various devices including iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows.
It's important to change your password every few months to keep it secure. Here are simple steps to change your Apple ID password.
How to change Apple ID password on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
1. On your device, tap Settings.
2. Tap on your Name at the top of the screen.
3. Tap Password & Security.
4. Tap Change Password.
5. Type your current device password or passcode.
6. Type a new password and confirm it.
7. Tap Change or Change Password.
8. Sign back into your Apple account with your new password and access Apple services and features.
How to change Apple ID password on Mac
1. Click on the Apple menu icon at the top left corner.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Click on the Apple ID icon.
4. Click Password & Security.
5. Click Change Password.
If you set a password for your Mac, you will be required to enter the password to unlock your Mac.
6. Type your current password and new password twice.
7. Click on Change.
How to change Apple ID Password on Windows
On Windows, you can change your password by accessing the Apple ID website. Here's how.
1. Open a web browser and go to https://appleid.apple.com.
2. Click Sign In.
3. Enter your Apple ID then press Enter or click the right arrow icon.
4. Enter your password then press Enter or click the right arrow icon to log into your account.
5. Click Change password in the Security section.
6. Enter your current password.
7. Enter your new password twice.
If you want to log out of your Apple account from all devices automatically after you change your password, just click the check box Sign out of devices and websites using my Apple ID.
8. Click Change Password.
What to remember?
Your Apple ID password must have at least 8 characters, contain both uppercase and lowercase letters, and have at least one number.
You shouldn't use a password that you already use on other websites. This will make it easy for someone else to guess.
How to change your Apple ID password if you can't remember it
If you forgot your Apple ID password, you need to reset it to regain access to your Apple account. The fastest way to do that is to follow the steps above to reset your password if you are using your iPhone or other Apple devices and you're already signed into with your trusted Apple ID.
If you want to log into your Apple ID account on a new device but you can't remember your password, you can select Forgot Apple ID or password?. This option will appear during the device setup of the Apple ID sign-in screen.
You can also visit https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and follow the on-screen instructions to recover your account.
Your Apple ID and password are the keys to using Apple services like iCloud, App Store, FaceTime, iMessage, and many more. If you think someone is trying to access your account, you should change your password immediately and make it harder to guess. When you set a new password, it is recommended to use at least one number, eight characters, and lowercase and uppercase letters.
Leave a reply