How to Clear Google Search History
Some people think that if they delete their browsing history every once in a while, that will be enough to keep their privacy. However, this is not true. But there's a lot more to it than that. "Google Activity" or "Google Web & App History" keeps track of all the information you've searched for on Google services like Search, YouTube, or Chrome to make your search experience better. This feature is helpful if you want to get to your favorite sites quickly or if you accidentally closed a tab and want to open it again. But what if someone else uses your computer and you don't want them to know what you were looking for? There are ways to get rid of your search and browsing history and limit the information Google gets about you. Follow this guide to know how to clear the Google Search history from your Google account, from Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser on a computer, and mobile device (Android and iOS).
How to clear Google Search History on a Computer
If you use a computer at work or at home that other people can also use, you might not want them to see what you were looking for. Here's how to get rid of the address bar suggestion, which is based on your past searches, in most browsers used today.
Delete Google Search History From Chrome Web Browser
1. Open the Chrome browser and click on the icon with three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Move your mouse over History in Chrome's menu, and then choose History again from the list of options that appears. You can also use the Ctrl+H keyboard shortcut to open Chrome's history page.
3. On the History page, click the Clear browsing data option on the left side of the page.
4. A new window called Clear Browsing Data with several check boxes will pop up on the screen. Click on the tab labeled Advanced.
5. Then, click the drop-down menu next to "Time range" and choose All time from the list of options.
6. Now, click the Clear data button to get rid of Chrome's search history.
Delete Google Search History From Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
1. In Firefox, click on the menu icon in the upper right corner of the browser to clear your search history.
2. Choose Options from the list that comes up.
3. A new tab called Options will appear on the screen. This tab has all of Firefox's settings. Choose Privacy and Security from the menu on the left.
4. This will take you to the settings for Browser Privacy. Under History, scroll down and click on Clear History.
5. A new pop-up window called Clear Recent History with several check boxes will appear on the screen. Click on the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear and choose "Everything" from the list. You can go as far back as you want, but if you want to completely erase your browsing history, you should choose "Everything."
6. Now, click the checkboxes in the detailed list of items under History and Data, and then click OK to delete all of your saved browsing and search history.
Delete the Search history from Google Account
To get rid of your Google search history completely, you need to do it from your Google Account. Just clearing your browser history won't get rid of all the information that Google tracks and saves to your account. When you clear your browser's search and browsing history, you only get rid of the history that was saved on your computer. Here's how to delete your Google Account's search history, both from the past and from the future.
1. Visit myactivity.google.com to see all of your activities and history, including Google Search, YouTube, and other Google Services.
2. On the new page, you can see links to the websites you visited and the searches you did. This also includes your mobile devices' search histories. All of these things are set apart by time.
3. You can delete each of these activities by clicking on the menu with three dots next to each activity and choosing Delete.
4. To delete all of the activities at once, choose Delete activity by on the left side of the screen.
5. A pop-up window appears, and you can choose the time you want. Choose All time to get rid of everything.
6. There will be a new pop-up with a list of all the services. You can choose the services one by one by checking the boxes next to each service and then clicking Next to get rid of all the activities.
7. Click Delete on the new pop-up that appears to confirm that you want to get rid of your history.
8. A new screen appears to let you know that your search history has been erased.
If many people use your computer, it's always a good idea to clear your browser's search history. Or, if you don't want to bother with that and there aren't many searches you don't want people to know about, you can just use the incognito window in your browser. Nothing about what you search for or what websites you visit will be saved in the browser.
How to Clear the Google Search History on Android
You can clear Google Search history right in the Chrome web browser of your Android. If you do most of your searching on your Android using Google Chrome, you can clear your search history from within the browser.
1. Open the Chrome app on your Android phone or tablet.
2. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, and then tap History.
2. Tap Clear browsing data if you want to get rid of all of your search history. If you want to clear individual search items from your history, you can scroll down to find the item or tap the magnifying glass to search for an item. Then, tap the X to the right of the individual item to clear it.
3. Tap the Time range drop-down arrow and choose All time if you want to delete the whole history. If you don't want to clear the items below, you can uncheck the boxes next to them.
4. In the lower right corner, tap Clear data.
How to clear Google Search history on iOS
If you use Google Chrome on an iPhone or iPad, you can clear your search history right from the browser.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome web browser app.
2. Tap the bottom three horizontal dots.
3. Tap the History submenu.
4. Tap Clear Browsing Data at the bottom to erase all of your search history.
5. On the next tab, pick a time range from the drop-down menu. Leave it at All Time to delete all of your history.
6. Make sure to check Browsing History. If it isn't, tap it to put a check mark next to it. You can tap any of the items below to check or uncheck it.
7. Tap Clear Browsing Data, and then tap it again to confirm that you want to clear the data.
So that's how to clear the Google Search history on PC and mobile. If you have any trouble deleting your Google Search history on your device, just leave a comment below and we will help you solve it!