How to Delete a Spotify Account
Spotify is one of the most well-known apps for streaming music. But you can delete your Spotify account in just a few minutes if you don't like the app or want to switch to a different one. Once you delete your Spotify account, you won't be able to use the same username for a new account in the future. You'll also lose access to your playlists and the music in your Library.
How to Delete a Spotify Account
Make sure you're not signed up for Spotify Premium before you delete your account. If so, you must first cancel your subscription. Only "free" Spotify users can delete their accounts.
You'll need to use a web browser to delete your Spotify account. The mobile app doesn't let you delete accounts.
1. Open a web browser and go to https://www.spotify.com/.
2. Sign into your account.
3. Once you're signed in, go to the Close Account page and click the Close account button.
4. Click Continue then select how you want to get the code, via an Email or SMS.
If you select SMS, just enter the code you get from your text message and click Done.
If you select Email, click on the Close my account button from the email you received.
6. Your Spotify account will be closed. It will take them a week to delete it completely.
Spotify will also send you an email with a link to "reactivate" your account. If you click this link by the end of the week, Spotify will give you back your account.
What to Know Before Deleting Your Spotify Account
If you delete your Spotify account, you'll never be able to get to your playlists again, and your followers will never come back.
If you used a student discount when you signed up for the account, you couldn't use it on another Spotify account for a year.
You'll never be able to use that username again.
Also, you can never use the same username to sign up for Spotify again.
If you have Spotify Premium, you must first cancel your subscription or wait until it ends before you can delete your account. You can get your account back in seven days if you miss Spotify or your playlists.
How to Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription on a Web Browser
This is the best choice if you want to stop paying for Spotify Premium but keep using Spotify Free. You can still listen to your playlists and saved music after you cancel your subscription, but ads will play between songs.
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/.
2. Click on Log in at the top right corner and sign into your account.
3. Click on your name in the upper right corner then select Account from the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down to the Your plan section then click on Change Plan.
5. Scroll down to the Spotify Free section then click on Cancel Premium.
6. Now you will be shown what you'll lose if you cancel your subscription. Click Continue to cancel then select Continue to cancel again.
7. Click Yes, cancel to confirm your action. Now you will be back to a Spotify free account.
How to cancel Spotify Premium via Apple ID
If you signed up for Spotify Premium through the Apple App Store, you can also cancel it through the Apple ID settings on your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
2. At the top of the Settings page, tap your name and Apple ID.
3. On your Apple ID page, tap Subscriptions.
4. Find Spotify in your list of subscriptions and click on it.
5. Then, go to the Spotify page and click on Cancel Subscription.
To sum up, it's easy to cancel both your Spotify account and your subscription if you've followed the steps above. In the end, you should choose between the two options based on whether or not you want to use the app at all. If you think you might use it, you should first cancel your subscription and then think about canceling your account. This way, you can use many features for free and get to your favorite music and podcasts.
Now you know everything you need to know to delete your Spotify account and stop paying for Spotify Premium.
Leave a reply