How to Delete a TikTok Video
If you accidentally shared a TikTok video before it was ready, or if you no longer want some of your older content to show up on your TikTok profile, you can delete your videos or make them private so that only you can see them. Here's how to delete a TikTok video.
How to delete a TikTok video on iPhone and Android
It's easy to get rid of videos you don't want or need on TikTok.
1. Open the TikTok app.
2. Tap the "Me" icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to visit your profile.
3. When you get there, you'll see a list of every video you've made in the app.
4. Tap the video that you want to delete. It will show up and play on the whole screen.
5. Tap on the three small dots icon in the bottom-right corner.
6. A pop-up menu will appear. Tap Delete.
7. Tap Delete again to confirm your action.
If your settings allow other users to download your video, there is not much you can do. Even if you deleted the video from your gallery, someone might have downloaded a copy that they can upload from their profile. That's why you need to change your privacy settings before making videos that you might want to delete later.
How to delete a TikTok video on Desktop
You can also remove a video you've posted from the TikTok website.
1. Go to https://www.tiktok.com/.
2. Click Log in then sign into your TikTok account.
3. Click the profile icon in the upper right corner and choose View profile.
4. Choose the video that you want to delete.
5. Click the "More" button (three dots icon) in the upper right corner and select "Delete."
6. Click Delete to confirm this action.
How to make a Tiktok video private
Now, let's say you're not quite ready to get rid of your videos, but you also don't want other people to see them. You don't have to delete your videos. You could save the videos to your camera roll, but you could also save them to a private folder in the TikTok app.
1. Open the video in question.
2. Tap the three dots icon, then tap Privacy Settings.
3. Tap on Who can watch this video.
4. You can make your video private by choosing the option "Only me."
5. The video will stay in this private folder where only you can see it until you delete it or move it back where all of your friends can see it.
6. You can make your video public again by going to your profile and tapping on the lock icon. Then, follow the same steps above to tap on Everyone
How to Delete Your Current Video
After you make a video on TikTok, you have to do a few more things before you can share it. You can use these steps to add sound, effects, text, hashtags, mentions, and a description. Because of these steps, you have a couple of ways to leave the video and start over or not record one at all.
On the TikTok Recording Screen
When you start to record a video, sometimes you realize that you need to stop. Follow these steps to stop recording and delete the video.
Tap the checkmark in the bottom right corner right away.
Instead of tapping Next, you can go back by tapping the arrow at the top left.
Then hit the X in the top left corner.
You’ll be asked if you want to Start Over or Discard what you’ve captured.
On the TikTok Editing Screen
If you took a short video, you might not have enough time to hit the checkmark mentioned above. Don't be afraid! Do these things.
On the editing screen, when you see a preview of your video, tap the arrow in the top left corner to go back.
Then tap on X.
Choose either Start Over or Discard.
On the TikTok Posting Screen
If you get to the screen where you post the video and then decide to delete it, it's pretty much the same as above.
Tap the arrow on the top left to go back.
On the editing screen, tap the arrow again.
Tap on X.
Choose Start Over or Discard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I recover a deleted video on TikTok?
If you haven't saved the video to your device, you can't watch it. You can choose to save a copy of a video you post to your phone. If you did this, you should now have a TikTok album in the camera roll of your phone.
Will my videos be deleted if I delete my account?
Yes. If you decide to delete your TikTok account, all of your videos will also be deleted. Before you delete your account, make sure to save any important videos to your device.
Any videos that another user saved or downloaded will still be available to that user and the people they shared them with. If there's something wrong with a video, you can let TikTok know about it.
Can I report a video on TikTok?
Yes, you can click on the Share icon if you see a video that you think goes against TikTok's rules. Tap Report from there. Just do what it says to do to report the video.
Can I delete someone else's post?
It may seem like an odd question, but let's say one of your friends posts a video of you, and you don't like it. You can ask your friend to take the video down, but what can you do if they refuse?
You can report a video on someone else's account, but you can't delete it yourself. This would probably only be done if the video is very offensive and goes against the rules of the app.
But if you want to do that, all you have to do is find the video, tap the Share button on the right, and then tap "Report." Fill out and send in the form. If TikTok thinks the video breaks the rules for the community, the video will be taken down. Just keep in mind that you might lose a friend if you do that.
So that's everything you need to know about deleting unwanted contents from your TikTok accounts. If you have any trouble deleting a video on TikTok, just leave a comment below and we will help you solve it.
Leave a reply