How to Download TikTok Videos
Want to know how to download videos from TikTok? One of the best things about the popular social media app is that you can save memes, recipes, dances, and other things you like to your phone's camera roll or gallery.
When you know how to download TikTok videos, it's easy to save and send clips. So, if you want to watch a video again, you can easily find it. You'll be glad to have your saved videos on hand, whether you're trying to learn new moves, remember ingredients, or just rewatch something that interests you.
TikTok creators can choose whether or not other users can download them. That means that you can't save every TikTok video to your phone's camera roll. If you find a TikTok video that doesn't give you the option to save it, don't watch it.
How to download TikTok videos
1. Start the TikTok app (iOS or Android) and find the video you want to download.
2. Tap the Sharing icon on the right side of the screen. It is in the shape of an arrow.
3. If you have the option, tap Save video. The feature won't be in all TikTok videos.
If you haven't already, you may need to give the TikTok app permission to access your camera roll or gallery.
4. Select Done or share your downloaded TikTok video on another channel.
Your TikTok video should now be in the camera roll on your phone.
How to download TikTok videos without Watermark
After you've followed the steps above to download the TikTok video, you can use a TikTok video downloader to edit it.
There are apps like SaverTok and Video Eraser that can get rid of the watermark on a TikTok video.
1. Download the SaverTok app from the App Store.
2. Start the app. It might tell you to buy a subscription or sign up for a free trial.
3. Add a video. To do this, open up TikTok and find the video you want to download without a watermark. Tap Share, then Copy link.
4. Open up your app to remove watermarks again. The video will be put in automatically. From there, you can tap the Save icon to download it without the watermark.
You may also be able to change the caption, add hashtags, and set a time for it to be posted to your TikTok account.
RELATED: How to delete a TikTok video.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I download certain TikTok videos?
If you can't save a TikTok video, that means the user has turned off their download settings and doesn't want people to save their videos. This is an option you can use if you don't want other people to be able to download your videos.
Here's how to access the download settings for your account:
1. Open the TikTok app.
2. Press the Me button in the bottom right of the screen.
3. Tap the three horizontal dots icon at the bottom right of the screen.
4. Go to Privacy then select Allow your videos to be downloaded.
5. There, you can choose to turn on or off your download settings.
Does TikTok notify someone if you download a video?
When you save a video on TikTok, it doesn't tell the user. Instead, when you save a video, TikTok will show it in the user's TikTok Analytics as a Share.
How to download a TikTok video and remove the watermark via Live Photos
One way to download a TikTok video without the watermark is to download it as a Live Photo and then convert it into a video. This will still leave a small watermark on the photo, but it will be easy to crop out. How to do it:
1. Open the TikTok app.
2. Find the video that you want to download.
3. Press the arrow-shaped share button in the bottom right corner of the page.
4. Scroll to the right in the second row of icons and pick the Live Photo option.
5. Open your Camera Roll.
6. Go to the Live Photo you saved and press the share button at the bottom left of the screen.
7. Scroll down and tap on Save as Video.
If you follow these steps, the Live Photo will become a video in your Camera Roll. Again, there will still be a small watermark in the bottom-right corner of the screen, but you can easily crop it out with the cropping tool in the Camera Roll.
What to remember before downloading TikTok videos?
Before you learn how to download TikTok videos to your iPhone, you might need to take care of a few important tasks. Let's go over them now.
Free up iPhone storage for your TikTok downloads
The first thing you'll want to do is check to see if your iPhone has enough storage space. Photos and videos can take up a lot of space, and chances are you have some pictures on your Camera Roll that you don't need. You could go through and delete everything you don't need by hand.
Is it ethical to download a TikTok video?
Before you do anything else, you should think about whether downloading a TikTok video could violate anyone's copyright. According to TikTok's Community Guidelines, users can't post, share, or send any content that breaks someone else's copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property rights.
Most copyright violations involve posting someone else's work as if it were your own. To stop this from happening, whenever a video from the app is shared or downloaded, a watermark with TikTok's logo and the username of the account that first posted the video is added. In other words, if you want to share the video on another social media platform, make sure the watermark is visible or give full credit to the user in another way.