How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps
Google Maps is different from traditional maps in that it's not just good for getting from one place to another. There are a lot of other things that make the whole thing better. Google Maps has everything you need, from real-time information about routes and traffic to travel times and public transportation routes. The pinning feature is one that is often overlooked but shouldn't be. Pinning a location saves it temporarily and makes it easy to get to. When a place doesn't have an address, is off the road, or when Google Maps gets it wrong, it's usually a good idea to pin it. You can drop a pin in any place you want to go. You can also save a pinned location, share it with other people, or get directions to that place. Here's how to drop a pin on Google Maps on both Desktop and mobile devices.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Android and iOS
1. Open the Google Maps app on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.
2. Scroll up and down the map or type the address into the search bar to find the place.
2. Tap the screen and press it for a long time. On the screen, a red pin will show up. At the bottom of the screen, the address for the pin that was dropped will show up.
3. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see more choices.
4. Swipe up on the screen to save it, share it, label it, or find out how to get there from where you are now.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Desktop
Most people use Google Maps on their phones when they're out and about, but most don't know that Google Maps can also be used on a computer. You can also pin a place to the desktop.
1. Go to google.com/maps in your browser's address bar to open Google Maps.
2. Use the search bar on the left to find a place or scroll around the map until you find it.
3. Click your left mouse button on the spot where you want to drop a pin. In the same spot, a small grey pin will show up.
4. At the bottom of the screen, the address of the place will show up. Click on it to see more choices.
5. The left panel will show the location. From there, you can share it, save it, send it to your phone, look at nearby places, or get directions to it from where you are now.
It's pretty easy to mark a place on Google Maps. You can "pin" a location to make it easy to find on both your mobile app and your desktop.
How to Share Dropped Pin from Google Maps
Now you know exactly what happens when someone sends you a dropped pin through WhatsApp or any other messaging app. But what if you dropped a pin that you need to send to someone else? Let's explore your options.
On iOS and Android Devices
After you drop a pin, you can do a few things. One of them is to let someone else know where the pin is.
1. Click on the pin and the pop-up window comes up.
2. Select "Share Place" from the menu.
3. You can type the name of the person you want to share with and send them an email right away. You can also choose one of the applications. Google Maps works with SMS, WhatsApp, and other apps.
4. You'll be taken to the chosen app, where you can look for the contact and then hit "Send."
On Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
The process is pretty much the same.
1. After you find the spot and drop the pin, a panel will appear on the left side of the screen.
2. Click on "Share."
3. You'll see a pop-up screen with several options.
4. Facebook or Twitter can be used to send the link. You can also choose "Copy Link" and then send the link in another way.
If you switch the tab from "Send a link" to "Embed a map," you can also embed the map.
How to Save and Label a Dropped Pin on Google Maps
Labeling your pin is another very helpful thing you can do when you drop a pin on Google Maps. This means that you are putting the dropped pin away for later use.
You don't want to have to look for it again, especially if it took you a long time to find it the first time. This option is very similar to Google Maps' "Save" option, but there are a few differences.
Both the mobile app and Google Maps on the computer have the "Save" button. On the other hand, you can only label a dropped pin through the Google Maps app. The idea is that you name a place that you might not have been to yet and that you're not sure is correct.
On the other hand, the idea behind saved locations is to save the places you plan to visit or that you go to often. So here's how to label a pin you dropped on Google Maps:
On Android and iOS devices
1. Open Google Maps on your phone and tap on the pin that fell.
2. From a pop-up menu, select "Label."
3. Enter the name of your label where it says "Add a Label."
4. Google Maps will give you some ideas, but you can choose what you want to do.
5. After you type in the name of your label, a small blue flag with the name you chose will appear on the map.
On a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook
When you drop a pin on your computer's Google Maps, you can save it. The process is simple and goes like this:
1. Use your mouse to click on the pin that fell.
2. Click the "Save" button on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Choose how you want to save it from the drop-down menu. You can mark the ones you like with a star, or you can make a new list that fits your needs.
How to Remove a Dropped Pin
It's helpful to know how to drop a pin on Google Maps, but what do you do if you drop a pin in the wrong place? Everyone makes these mistakes, and they are easy to fix. Here's how to get rid of a pin that you dropped on Google Maps on Windows, Android, iOS devices.
On iOS and Android Devices
If you were too quick with your fingers and dropped the wrong pin, here's how to get it back:
1. Click on the dropped pin.
2. Before you do anything else, click the "X" next to the coordinates in the search box.
3. The pin will be gone from the phone screen right away, and you can start over.
On Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
Even on a big screen, it's possible to drop a pin by accident. Here's how to make it better:
1. Click on the pin that fell.
2. Select "X" in the top-right corner of the pop-up box at the bottom of the screen.
3. The dropped pin will be gone right away.
Leave a reply