How to Fix “Last Line No Longer Available” on iPhone
Your iPhone keeps saying "last line no longer available" when you’re trying to make calls from the default phone number?
No need to worry since you are not the only one encountering this issue. Several iPhone users have also complained about the iPhone last line no longer available message on iOS 15. Want to know what causes this problem and how to fix it? This post will give you all the answers you are looking for. So, read on to find out!
What Does Last Line No Longer Available Mean?
A "Last Line No Longer Available" message may appear on an iPhone with a dual-SIM setup when it has problems detecting the default or preferred line while the user attempts to make a phone call. It mostly happens on the iPhone 13 models, though other iPhone models that support Dual SIM can encounter this issue.
Most of the time, the error seems to happen when you try to make a call from the "default" SIM using the recent call log (that's under the Phone app > Recents).
When the error appears, you will then also receive a message that gives you the option to call from your "remaining" line. You can tap "Call" in the box appearing on the screen, but please note that this will call from whatever number that is not set as your default.
Due to this error, users can't call a person through their preferred line. They also have no choice but to use the last line for that. Luckily, there are solutions to fix this issue and Geeks Nation will share with you tips on "how to fix last line no longer available" later in this post.
Why does my phone say "last line no longer available"?
The error has affected iPhone models with dual-SIM support, including iPhone XS, iPhone XR, XS Max, iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 mini, and especially iPhone 13 models (iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max).
So, why does Last Line No Longer Available error happen? Well, the reason behind this may be due to a corrupt call log, or some random glitch or bug with the cellular radio, or a network setting that wasn't set up right, etc.
You can still use your other number, but sometimes that's not a good idea.
How to fix Last line no longer available on iPhone
1. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
Disabling and then enabling Airplane Mode on your iPhone is a quick, effective fix for most cellular connectivity issues. So, try this cool hack before moving on to the other fixes below.
1. If your iPhone doesn't have a home button, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to get to the Control Center.
2. Tap on the Airplane mode icon to turn it on and wait around 10 seconds.
3. Tap the Airplane mode icon again to turn it off and start using your network connection again. Now, dial any contact on your iPhone using your preferred SIM card to see if the "Last line is no longer available" problem has gone.
2. Restart Your iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone helps clear out the cache, get rid of useless temporary files, and reset your network connection. This is often enough to fix many iOS problems. So, you should also give this clever solution a try.
To restart iPhone X or later, press and hold the Power button (on the right side) and the Volume up or Volume down button (on the lelf side) until you see the "slide to power off" slider appear.
Next, simply drag the white button to the right to power off the device. Wait about 30 seconds, then you press and hold the Power button (on the right side) again until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
Check out How To Restart iPhone to know how to restart, force start, turn off iPhone 13 as well as other iPhone models.
3. Update your Phone
Also, errors like "Last line no longer available" may be caused by bugs in the phone. So, it's a good idea to see if there are any important system updates that need to be installed. To do that:
1. Go to Settings, then tap on General.
2. Tap on Software Update, then see if there's anything waiting, and go through the update process.
4. Update the Carrier Settings
Does your iPhone have pending carrier updates? Check this by opening the Settings app on your phone and tapping General > About. Scroll down and select "Update" if asked.
5. Remove then Reinsert the SIM card
It may sound simple, but this age-old trick can help get rid of cellular issues. So, turn off your phone, then pull out the SIM tray using a SIM-ejector tool. Wait a few seconds before reinserting the physical SIM card.
Now, press and hold the Power button on the right side to turn on the phone. Make a call on your iPhone's default line and see if the 'Last Line No Longer Available' error gets fixed.
RELATED: How To Insert SIM Card In IPhone 11
6. Clear Your Recent Call Log
If you receive the "Last Line Not Available" message on iPhone while trying to dial a contact from your "Recents" list (your recent iPhone call history), then clearing your recent call log may help fix the error.
1. Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
2. Go to the Recents tab at the bottom, and tap "Edit" in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap the "Clear" button at the top left of the screen.
4. Select "Clear All" to confirm that you want to delete everything. After the call log is cleared, restart your phone.
Now, try calling from the default line after your device has been turned back on. If the pop-up doesn't show up anymore, you've fixed the problem.
7. Try Switching Between SIMs
iOS lets users switch between SIMs to make calls. Even if a default line for calls and messages have been set on your phone, you can change it. If you still can't call from your default line because it says "Last Line No Longer Available," try switching SIMs on your device.
1. Tap the i button next to the contact you want to call.
2. Next, choose your default phone number, then an alternate number.
3. When you dial a number manually, tap the primary phone number and select the alternate SIM.
8. Disable WiFi Calling
WiFi calling is a useful feature, especially for people who are often in places with poor cell phone coverage but good WiFi reception. But WiFi calling can sometimes cause problems, like the error message "last line no longer available." This error can be fixed if you turn off WiFi calling. Here's how to do it.
1. Go to Phone then select Settings.
2. Tap on WiFi Calling.
3. To turn off WiFi Calling on your iPhone, turn off the switch next to it.
You can also turn off WiFi calling by going into the Mobile Data settings:
1. Go to "Settings."
2. Tap on "Mobile Data," and then "WiFi Calling."
3. To stop WiFi calling, turn off the switch next to "WiFi Calling on this iPhone."
RELATED: How To Disable Wi Fi Calling On The IPhone?
You now know "what does last line no longer available on iPhone mean" and "why am I getting last line no longer available," as well as solutions to the iPhone last line no longer available error.
These methods are all simple and easy to apply, right? And Geeks Nation hopes that they will help you completely get rid of the "last line. no longer available" issue.
So that's how to fix the Last line no longer available on iPhone, especially on iPhone 13. If you have any trouble solving this problem, just leave a comment below.
Leave a reply