How to Hide Apps on Your iPhone
You can place a lot of apps on the home screen of your iPhone. In this way, you can quickly access any app. However, this can clutter up your screen with icons. Luckily, there are different ways to manage your home screen. You can move apps to another folder or hide them from the home screen. This won't delete any of your saved data. You can still find the app in the App Library. Here's how to hide apps on iPhone.
Why Hide Apps on iPhone?
Sometimes you need to hide apps on your iPhone from people who might look, or from yourself if you're addicted to a game or checking your Facebook notifications like I am. You can ask Smart Suggestions for apps not to suggest a certain app (thereby hiding the app). App folders are another way to hide an app on your iPhone.
Where do Apps go when you hide them on your iPhone?
Unless you delete an app from your iPhone, it will always be stored in the App Library, which is on the right-most page of your Home screen. At the very least, this means that you can either search the App Library or use Spotlight Search to find the missing app on your iPhone. So don't worry, even if you try all the ways in this article to hide an app on your iPhone, you'll still be able to find it when you need it! Each section will tell you more about where apps are when you use the method described in that section to hide them.
How to hide apps on iPhone from the home screen
You can get rid of apps from the home screen without uninstalling them in two ways. You can hide the apps one at a time, or you can hide a whole page at once.
If you hide an app, it will go to the App Library, which is a list of all the apps on your iPhone. You can find it by swiping all the way to the end of your home screen. Open the app from there when you're ready to use it.
To hide a single app on iPhone
1. Find the app you want to hide and keep your finger on it.
2. When the list of choices comes up, tap "Remove App."
3. Choose "Remove from Home Screen" from the menu.
The icon will disappear from your home screen, but you can still find it in the App Library. If you want to show it again later, you can find it in the App Library, hold your finger on it, and then select Add to Home Screen.
To hide an entire page of apps:
1. Press and hold your finger on the dots at the bottom of your home screen. These dots show you what page you're on.
2. Keep holding it until your iPhone zooms out and shows all the pages at once. If all the apps start to move around but the screen doesn't get bigger, lift your finger and tap the dots again.
3. Find the page of apps you want to hide and tap the checkbox below it to remove the check.
4. Tap Done in the upper right corner.
You won't be able to see the pages you unchecked when you swiped. But, just like when you hide a single app, all the apps you hid will still show up in the App Library.
To get the page back, just open this menu again and uncheck it again.
How to Hide Apps from iPhone’s Search Results
You can find hidden apps in addition to the App Library by dragging your finger down on the home screen and then searching for them. Even though this helps you find hidden apps, it could also be a privacy issue.
You can also remove apps from the search results.
1. Open the Settings app and scroll down to Siri & Search.
2. Scroll down in the menu that opens and choose the app you want to hide from search.
3. Tap the Show App in Search switch so it turns gray and turns off.
That app will no longer show up in search results.
RELATED: How to clear app cache on iPhone.
How to Hide Apps from your App Store History
1. On your iPhone, open the App Store app. This is the blue "A"-shaped app.
2. Tap your profile icon. In the top right corner of your screen, you will see this. If you don't see it, tap the Today tab in the lower left corner of your screen.
3. Tap Purchased. If your iPhone is used by more than one person, you will also have to choose your account.
4. Swipe to the left on an app and tap "Hide."
5. Tap on Done in the top right corner of your screen.
So that's how to hide apps on iPhone. If you have any trouble hiding your apps, just leave a comment below and we will help you solve it.
Leave a reply