How to Mute Zoom Audio Without Muting Computer
Due to Covid-19 outbreak, Zoom has become the top app for all types of business meetings and conferences. There are many cases where you want to mute your audio and others in Zoom. You may want to mute participants in a meeting to prevent unwanted noises and make sure all participants can hear the speaker correctly. However, turning down the volume may result in turning down the computer volume. This guide will show you how to mute Zoom audio on a computer and mobile device (Android, iPhone).
How to mute Zoom Audio without Turning Down the Computer Volume
The simple technique you need to learn to improve your Zoom experience is to use Windows 10's 'Volume Mixer' feature more extensively.
1. When your Zoom call is active, simply right-click on the sound icon in the bottom-right corner of the Windows Taskbar.
2. Select Open Volume Mixer from the expanded menu.
3. The Volume Mixer interface would appear, with several volume options for different applications. Choose the Zoom Meeting volume bar from the list.
4. Click the Sound icon at the bottom of the vertical bar. This would mute the audio from your Zoom meeting without affecting the volume of your computer or audio from any other application.
Such hacks can sometimes save your life in certain situations, so learning them is never a waste of time. When you're on a Zoom call and need to mute your Zoom meeting, simply follow the discussed instructions to make your Zoom meetings run more smoothly.
How to Mute Zoom on iPhone
If you want to mute yourself on Zoom using the iPhone app, the procedure is simple.
1. While in the app, tap the screen of your iPhone. This will display various options at the bottom of the screen.
2. The Mute option is the first on the left; tap it to muffle your audio.
3. When you're ready to resume the conversation, look for an Unmute icon in the same location.
4. Tap it again, and everyone in the group will be able to hear you.
How to Mute Zoom on Android
The Zoom app works in the same way whether you're using an iPhone or an Android device. This means that the procedure is the same as the one described for muting Zoom on iPhone. Let's also go over how to mute others on Zoom. You can only do this if you are the meeting's host. There are two ways to accomplish this:
1. Mute everyone on a Zoom call and meeting
1. The Participants option will appear in the menu that appears when you tap your screen during a call.
2. Tap it to see the list of people who are on the call.
3. At the bottom of the screen, below the list of participants, is the Mute All option. When you tap it, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the action.
4. You'll also notice the checked option Allow participants to unmute themselves in the pop-up. If you uncheck this option, the other participants will not be able to re-enable their audio for the conversation.
2. Mute Specific Participants
If you want to mute only certain people on the call, you must return to the Participants page. Once there, tap on the name of the person you want to mute and select Mute Audio.
You can unmute them at any time by selecting Unmute Audio from the same menu.
So that's how to mute Zoom on PC and Mobile. If you have any trouble muting on Zoom, just leave a comment below and we will help you solve it.
Leave a reply