How to Screen Record on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
You don’t need to be a techie to know how to take a screen recording on your iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch. Yep, of course. Within just a few steps, you can immediately start a screen recording on an iOS device.
This article will explain how to screen record on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Steps on how to capture screenshots on these devices are also included in this post; scroll down to find out.
How to screen record on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Well, you may find the screen recording feature on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch useful in many cases, such as when you're having a technical problem and want to show a tech supporter what's wrong with your iPhone, or when you want to share some interesting things you see on the Internet with your friends, right?
And in order to record the screen, you have to add this feature to the Control Center first.
How to Add Screen Recording to the Control Center?
- Step 1. Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Step 2. Select Control Center.
- Step 3. Scroll down and look for the Screen Recording option under More Control. Then, tap the green "+" button next to "Screen Recording" to turn on the screen recording feature on your device.
This feature will then be moved to the Included Controls section and now ready to use.
How To Screen Record On IPhone, IPad, IPod Touch?
Once the screen recording feature is turned on, you will now see it appear in the Control Center. Here’s how to capture a screen record on your iPhone as well as other iOS devices.
- Step 1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open the Control Center (for the iPhone X and later).
(For the iPhone SE, iPhone 8, and earlier, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.)
- Step 2. To record without your voice, just simply tap the gray "Screen Recording" in the Control Center, and the recording will begin in three seconds.
But if you want to record with your voice, touch and hold the gray Screen Recording button until you see a menu, then tap the Microphone button. After that, go back to the Control Center, tap the Recording button to start recording, and wait for the three-second countdown to start the record.
- Step 3. Exit the Control Center to record your screen.
(Note that when the Record button turns red, you can start recording your screen. Anything you do from that time will be recorded.)
The time of recording will be displayed in red at the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 4. To stop recording, open the Control Center again, then tap the red Screen Recording button. Or you can tap on the red time indicator at the top left and then select Stop.
RELATED: How to record a phone call on iPhone
Where to find your screen recording videos?
You can find your screen recording videos in the Photos app. Now you can play it back, share it, or edit it the way you want.
If you want to edit your video, you can go to the Photos app and tap on Edit at the top right of the screen to customize it. Then tap Done and save it as a new clip.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the screen recording app capture?
Once you start recording, it will capture everything on your iPhone screen and the sound coming out of it.
How can I share my screen recording video?
Your screen recordings will be immediately saved to your Photos library and you can share them via various options including Messages, emails, Airdrop, and many third-party apps that you can share media through.
Bonus: How to take a screenshot on an iPhone
On an iPhone without a Home button
1. Press the side button and the Volume Up button simultaneously.
2. Quickly release the buttons.
You will then see a thumbnail in the lower-left corner of the screen. If you want to edit or open it, just tap on it.
On iPhone with a Home button
1. Press the Home button and the top button simultaneously.
2. Quickly release the buttons.
You will then see a thumbnail on the screen. That's your screenshot.