How to screen record on Windows 10: Super easy
There is a built-in tool called Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. With this tool, users can record the screen on Windows 10 so easily.
The Windows Game Bar was mostly made to record PC and Xbox games, but you can use it to record other apps and activities, too.
This article will explain how to screen record on Windows 10 using this built-in tool.
But first, let’s spend a minute checking how to enable the Game Bar if you haven't done it before.
Enable Screen Recording
Before you can use the Game Bar on Windows 10 to take a screen record, make sure that the feature is turned on. Here are quick steps to enable the Game Bar:
- Step 1. Click on the start menu, and then go to Settings.
- Step 2. From the Settings window, select Gaming.
- Step 3. Next, under Xbox Game Bar, turn on the toggle for Enable Xbox Game Bar.
To know the maximum length of a screen recording, head over to Game Bar’s settings. (Click on the Start menu > Go to Settings > Select Gaming). And under Captures, you will see the option for Background Recording. Here, you can select between 30 minutes and 4 hours in the drop-down menu for the maximum recording time.
RELATED: How To Screen Record On IPhone, IPad, IPod Touch
How to screen record on Windows 10 using Game Bar?
- Step 1. Open the app or program that you’d like to record. Close any unnecessary windows and ensure that no unwanted audio will enter your recording.
Please note that some applications, like File Manager, and the entire desktop can’t be recorded with the Game Bar.
- Step 2. Press the Windows key + G on the keyboard at the same time. This helps open the Game Bar dialog.
- Step 3. You'll see a number of widgets on the Gamebar overlay, including Capture, Performance, Audio, Resources, and Xbox Social. In the Capture widget, click on the Record icon (like in the image below).
- Step 4. When the recording begins, you’ll see a recorder appear in the top right corner of the screen. Here’s where you can see the recording time or control your microphone. When you want to stop recording, simply click on the Stop icon (a small blue circle with a white square right in the middle).
Once you stop recording, a message will pop up on the right side of the screen to let you know that a recording has been created. You can either click on this message to go to the recording or find it in your Videos folder.
That’s everything you need to do to take a screen record on Windows 10. So simple and easy, right?
Some final thoughts
Recently, Geeks Nation shared with you a handy method to screen record on Windows 10. Do you like it? Please let us know in the comment section below here. Thank you for reading. If you find this article packed with useful information, share it with your friends.
The upcoming post will be about How to screen record on Mac, so don't miss it out!
Leave a reply