How to transfer songs from an iPod to a PC
Are you having trouble transferring songs from an iPod to a PC? Are you seeking a simple way to do this? Luckily, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will give you a comprehensive guide to instruct you on how to transfer songs between these two devices with minimal effort. When transferring music like the method we suggest, you will avoid the status of losing your favorite songs. Now, let’s take a look at a few simple ways below right now!
How to transfer songs from an iPod to a PC on Windows 10?
In reality, there are a lot of methods to transfer music between an iPod and a PC, through iCloud, iTunes, or Dropbox.
The first thing you should know is how to use iTunes. For more details, iTunes is a free desktop application that is ideal for storing music on your computer. Let’s follow the steps below to successfully transfer songs from an iPod to a PC.
1. First and foremost, you must connect your iPod to your computer using a USB cable, then open the most recent version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Then, you have to go to the left sidebar in order to find the “Music” option.
3. After that, in this section, you can choose songs, playlists, or albums that you want to transfer and click the "Apply" button.
4. The final step is to open the "Document" folder on your computer, and then look for the "This PC" option on the left sidebar. In order to browse your synchronized music, you need to locate the "Music" folder and open it.
How to restore purchases?
iTunes allows you to restore and re-download your purchases on your PC. You just need to follow some simple steps below:
1. Firstly, let’s open iTunes. Under the "Account" option, you can see the drop bar.
2. Then, you must click the “Purchased” option to continue.
3. At the top of your screen, you must look for the "Not In My Library" tab.
4. Finally, don’t forget to choose the songs you wish to download and click the "Download" button to complete the process.
Aside from iTunes, you can also take advantage of iCloud in order to transfer music from an iPod to a PC with ease. Let’s see how it does:
1. On your iPod, you must enable the "iCloud Music Library" option. By default, this option is normally enabled. However, if you mistakenly turned it off, all you need to do is move to the "Settings" section and find the "iCloud" option. Then, remember to toggle on the "iCloud Music Library" option after that. Now, your whole music library should be instantly synced to your "iCloud Music Library".
2. In the next stage, on your PC, you have to open the "iTunes" option and go to "Preferences" to enable the "iCloud Music Library" option. All of the tracks you have purchased should be instantly synced on iTunes as soon as you do this.
3. After that, if you want to download any song to your PC, you just need to click on the "Download" button right next to the song you want.
Not only that, if you are without a USB cable or the iTunes software, you can transfer your music from an iPod to your PC through Dropbox. In order to find out how to let's follow the instructions below.
1. To begin, you must ensure that you have installed Dropbox on both your PC and iPod. If you do not, the link to download is available at dropbox.com/downloading. When you click this link, your download will begin immediately, which will save you a lot of time.
2. Then, log in to your Dropbox account on your iPod by opening the "Dropbox" option. However, if you don't already have one, you can simply create one by clicking the "I don't have an account" option.
3. Now, you can easily upload the song from your iPod to the "Dropbox" option.
After that, you must open "Dropbox" on your PC and navigate to the file containing the song that you’ve downloaded. Then, all that remains is to save it to your computer.
How do you transfer songs from an iPod to a Mac?
Before transferring songs from an iPod to a Mac, you must make sure that iTunes isn’t wiping your music during the sync process. In order to avoid this, let’s take the following steps:
1. To get started, you must navigate to the "Preferences" option in iTunes.
2. Then, you have to check the box "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from Syncing Automatically" under the "Devices" option. As soon as you have done, don’t forget to close the app by selecting "OK".
You can safely transfer songs from your iTunes to your Mac device after stopping iTunes from wiping them.
Let’s go through the following steps:
- You must install iTunes on your Mac device first.
- On your computer, you must open the "iTunes"
- In order to proceed, you have to choose the "Account" option from the drop-down menu, then search for "Authorizations." To enable transfers, you need to tap "Authorize this computer."
- After that, you have to utilize the sync cable to connect your iPod to your computer, then pick your device.
- The next stage is to choose "Transfer Purchases" from the pop-up menu. In case you don’t see the "Transfer Purchases" tab, let’s go to File > Device > Transfer Purchases.
Now, your song of choice will be transferred from your iPod to your Mac device automatically.
If you don’t have iTunes, you can make use of iMazing to transfer music from an iPod to your Mac. In fact, iMazing is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. Now, let’s follow these steps to learn how to utilize it:
1. To begin, you have to set up iMazing on your device.
2. Then, you need to connect your iPod to your Mac thanks to using a USB cable. For more details, iMazing will scan your songs if you tap "Trust" on your device.
3. Now, let’s choose the tracks that you'd want to transfer.
With Dr.Fone-Phone Manager
Using Dr.Fone-Phone Manager is also the ideal solution for you to transfer songs from an iPod to your Mac. Similar to the methods above, you also need to install this software on your device first.
1. Then, you have to connect your iPod to your Mac with the help of a USB cable and open this app.
2. To continue, let’s select the "Music" option in the menu at the top of your screen.
3. After that, you must select the songs that you wish to transfer and click the "Export" button. Here, remember to choose "Export to PC" to download your favorite songs.
4. The last stage is to save your song in the folder you want and then, press the "OK" button to finish
Like the Dr.Fone software, AnyTrans is also an excellent app that helps you transfer songs from an iPod to a Mac effectively without needing iTunes.
1. Firstly, you need to download and set up the AnyTrans app on your device.
2. Then, thanks to a USB cable, you can connect your iPod to your Mac effortlessly.
3. After that, on your Mac, you need to open this app and find the "Device Manager" option in the left sidebar on your screen.
4. At this step, let’s click the "Music" option
5. Lastly, select the music you want to transfer from the left sidebar's "Song" option. In order to complete the procedure, all you need to do is to click the "To Mac" button at the top of the screen.
In reality, Airdrop is considered the simplest method of transferring music from your iPod to your Mac device without using iTunes. However, before you try this method, make sure your devices satisfy the following specifications:
1. First and foremost, your iPod is compatible with iOS 7.
2. Secondly, your Mac device runs OS X Yosemite.
3. Thirdly, your gadgets are in close proximity and both have Wi-Fi turned on.
Now, let’s move on to the next steps in order to complete the transfer process:
- On both the Ipod and your Mac device, ensure that you have enabled "AirDrop".
- In the "Music" app on your iPod, you must locate the music that you’d like to transfer.
- Then, you must select the tab "Share Song" from the three-dots option on your screen.
- Finally, to accept the transfer, you need to choose your Mac device as the recipient and click the "Accept" button on your Mac.
All in all, in this article, we bring you some extremely efficient ways to help you transfer your favourite songs from an iPod to a PC with ease. No matter what method you apply, you just need to do some simple steps. You can transfer successfully. We hope this guide is really useful for you and that you will choose the best solution to do it. If you have any challenges, let us know and we will solve them for you as quickly as possible.
Leave a reply