How to Turn Off iPhone 12
You can turn off your iPhone 12 to save battery life or troubleshoot some issues. As Apple constantly brings out new models, the role of each button changes, and the way to turn off an iPhone 12 is different from other iPhone models. Here are several ways to turn off your iPhone 12.
How to turn off your iPhone 12
Turn off the iPhone 12 with Hardware Buttons
To power off your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini with its buttons:
1. Press and hold the Side button and the Volume Up or Volume Down button together until the "slide to power off" slider appears on the screen.
2. Tap on the white circle (power switch button) and swipe it from left to right.
Your iPhone 12 will shut down right away.
Turn off an iPhone 12 using the Settings app
If you can't remember the button combination, you can use a built-in software switch on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Select General.
3. Swipe to the bottom and select Shut Down.
4. The "slide to power off" slider will appear.
5. Tap on the white circle button and swipe it to the right to turn off your iPhone 12.
Your iPhone 12 has been turned off and it won't use up battery power. If you just want to power off your iPhone to troubleshoot some issues, you should wait a moment before turning it back on again.
RELATED: How to restart iPhone.
How to Turn on iPhone 12
To turn on your iPhone, simply press and hold the Side button on the right edge of your device until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
If you don't see the Apple logo, chances are that your iPhone has run out of battery. In this case, you need to plug the charging cable and wait a few minutes before trying again.
Hard Restart iPhone 12
If your iPhone is running slow or gets frozen, you can perform a hard restart.
1. Press and release the Volume Up button.
2. Press and release the Volume Down button.
3. Press and hold the Side button.
4. You should see a new power menu showing all medical as well as emergency info.
5. Keep holding the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
The data or information on your iPhone won't be deleted if you perform a hard restart. This method is best used when your iPhone 12 won't switch off using the standard methods.
So that's how to turn off your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and iPhone 12 mini. If you have trouble turning off your iPhone device, leave a comment below and we will help you solve it.
Leave a reply