How to Turn off iPhone 13
Sometimes you need to completely restart or shut down your iPhone 13 to fix a problem or to save battery life. Here's how to turn off an iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
How to turn off iPhone 13 using buttons
Using the two buttons on either side of the iPhone 13, it's easy to turn it off completely.
1. Press and hold the Volume Up button (on the left side of your iPhone) and the side button (on the right side).
2. Hold down the two buttons until a slider that says "slide to turn off" appears on the screen.
3. Place your finger on the circle in the slider and drag it to the right.
After that, your iPhone 13 will turn off and turn itself off for good.
Hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen to turn it back on.
How to turn off an iPhone 13 in Settings
Using the Settings app, it's also easy to turn off an iPhone 13. There's no need to press any buttons. To do this, tap the grey gear icon to open Settings.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on General.
3. Scroll to the bottom and tap on Shut Down.
4. You will see a "slide to power off" slider. Swipe it to the right to turn off your iPhone 13.
Now that it's turned off, your iPhone 13 won't use any more battery power, so you can store it for a long time without the charge go away.
How to turn your iPhone 13 back on
If you're trying to fix a problem with your iPhone by turning it off and on again, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on by holding the Side button (on the right side of the iPhone) until you see the Apple logo. Then you should be all set.
How to Force Restart iPhone 13
You might also have to force restart your iPhone 13 at some point. In this case, your phone gets stuck and you need to do a hard reboot.
1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
3. Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
4. Release the button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does turning off the iPhone make it charge faster?
Yes. The faster a phone will charge, the less it has to do. If you don't want to turn off your phone while it's charging, you can put it in "Airplane Mode" instead. It gets the same thing done.
When I force restart my iPhone, does everything get deleted?
No. After the phone has frozen, a force restart just starts it up again. Think of a force restart as something like a good punch or kick.