How to reset your Snapchat password
If you forget your password or suspect someone else has changed it, you can recover it anytime. This article shows you how to reset your Snapchat password with your email address or phone number.
How to reset your Snapchat password?
Step 1: Open the Snapchat app.
Step 2: Tap Log In.
Step 3: Tap Forgot your password?.
Step 4: Select how you want to reset your password, either Via Phone or Via Email.
Reset Snapchat password via phone
1. Type your phone number and tap Continue.
2. Select how you want to get your verification code: Send via SMS or Call me.
3. Depending on what you choose, you will receive a phone call or an SMS with a verification code.
4. Enter the code and tap Continue.
5. Enter your new password twice and tap Continue.
Reset your password via email
1. After tapping Via Email, you will need to select a browser.
2. Type the email address associated with your account and tap Submit.
3. Complete the captcha.
4. An email with a password reset link has been sent to your email address. Open the email and click the URL. If you can't click it, copy and paste it into your browser.
5. Enter your new password twice and tap CHANGE PASSWORD.
You are unable to reset your password if:
- You don't remember the associated email address and/or phone number.
- You don't have access to the email address and/or phone number linked to your account.
To best protect your account, you should use a strong password. Select a password that is at least 8 characters and contains uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers, and/or symbols.