Work with drafted messages in Outlook
Outlook automatically saves your message while you are creating it and adding it to your Drafts. If you stop writing — deliberately or accidentally — the message will remain in the Drafts folder until you resume working on it or delete it.
How to continue editing a message draft in Outlook.com
- Go to Outlook and log into your account.
See Outlook Sign In if you don't know how to log into your Outlook account.
- Click Drafts. It's on the left side of the page.
- Click on the message you want to continue composing.
- Edit the message draft and click Send when you're done.
If you decide not to send your message, select Discard then click OK. The new draft will replace the old one.
How to save an Email as a Draft in Outlook
To save the current state of any email that you are composing in Outlook:
- Click the ... button in the message's toolbar while composing.
- Click Save draft.
How to remove an email draft from the Outlook Mail
- Log into your Outlook account.
- Open the Drafts folder by clicking Drafts on the left side of the page.
- Position the mouse cursor over the draft you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete icon that has appeared.
If you want to delete all drafts in Outlook, click Delete all at the top of the Drafts folder.